Dec 1, 2017
Creamy Chicken and Kale Gnocchi
Warming and delicious!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots peeled and sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb /465g cooked chicken breast
- 1 bunch of Lacinato kale (black kale) washed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb of gnocchi usually 1 package
- ⅔ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream salt and black pepper to taste
- Dice the cooked chicken
- Cook gnocchi in a large pot of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until they float. (You can also do this ahead and store the gnocchi in the refrigerator until you need it.)
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. When oil is shimmering but not smoking, add shallots and cook 2 minutes until soft. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add gnocchi and let it toast for a a few minutes in the pan, stirring often to prevent sticking. Add chicken and kale then stir to combine.
- Add chicken stock and cream, mix well and let it simmer until it thickens. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm and enjoy!