Creamy Chicken and Kale Gnocchi
3 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots peeled and sliced into rings
2 cloves garlic minced
1 lb /465g cooked chicken breast
1 bunch of Lacinato kale (black kale) washed and torn into bite sized pieces
1 lb of gnocchi usually 1 package
⅔ cup chicken stock
½ cup heavy cream salt and black pepper to taste
- Dice the cooked chicken
- Cook gnocchi in a large pot of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until they float. (You can also do this ahead and store the gnocchi in the refrigerator until you need it.)
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. When oil is shimmering but not smoking, add shallots and cook 2 minutes until soft. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add gnocchi and let it toast for a a few minutes in the pan, stirring often to prevent sticking. Add chicken and kale then stir to combine.
- Add chicken stock and cream, mix well and let it simmer until it thickens. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Roasted-Parsnip Bread Pudding
1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 ounce (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, plus 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons),melted, plus, more for dish
2 large leeks, white and pale-green parts only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced, and rinsed well (about 3 cups)
1/3 cup dry white wine 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
2 cups heavy cream 5 large eggs
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 loaf (12 ounces) brioche, crust removed and bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle parsnips with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, shaking occasionally, until caramelized and tender, 23 to 25 minutes. Let cool. Reduce heat to 375.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat in a medium saute pan until melted. Add leeks, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add wine, and return to heat. Let simmer until reduced, 1 minute. Add thyme, and remove from heat. Stir in roasted parsnips.
- Whisk together melted butter, heavy cream, eggs, and 3/4 cup Parmesan in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add leek-parsnip mixture, then fold in bread. (Mixture can be refrigerated overnight.)
- Butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish, and pour parsnip mixture into dish. Cover loosely with parchment, then foil, and bake until golden brown and puffed, 50 minutes. Remove parchment and foil. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, and return to oven. Bake for 10 minutes more. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.